for WEA member’s children working towards an undergraduate degree
- Scholarship applications will open in May 2021.
- Please register before Friday Apr 30 if you will be applying. Please do this asap so we know how many applicants there will be.
Note: You can still apply if you didn’t pre-register but if you must still complete full application! Pre register here
- WEA Scholarship 2021: information about the scholarship requirements and printable application form. Open this doc in google docs and make a copy so you can edit to insert your info.
- Deadline: Friday, May 21, 2021 for all materials to be received by John Horrigan. Please scan and email pdfs of all docs. No photos please. All building copiers can make scans please use 300 dpi settings.
- Grants will be in the range of $200 – $300 each and will depend on total number of applicants as well as number of applicants from one family and grant amounts awarded in previous years.
- Scholarships will be awarded before end of school year in June
- Important: You will get a confirmation email from me as soon as I receive it so if you sent it and did not hear back, please check with me
There will be 20 – $300 scholarships offered for the 2021-2022 school year.
The scholarship is for undergraduate university or college children of members ONLY.
Depending on number of applicants, the grant may be reduced to less than $300 with a minimum of $200 per applicant.
The following criteria will be used in selecting the students to receive the scholarships:
- Applicants must be the child of a WEA member in good standing.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in or accepted to a full time program at a college/university or an accredited post-secondary institution. This program is for undergraduate students only.
- Applicants must attend school in the Fall of 2021.
- Applicants must have a firm commitment to further education and demonstrate a sense of direction.
- Applicants must have at least a 2.75 grade point average.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need. If all other qualifications are equal, financial need will predominate.
- Prior WEA Scholarship recipients are eligible to apply but previous grant amounts may be taken into consideration when awarding scholarships.
Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of:
- Financial need
- School and community involvement
- Evidence of self-help
- Scholastic performance
- Satisfactory completion of application form including all parts in pdf format.