WEA Scholarship for member’s children working towards an undergraduate degree
- Scholarship applications will open in April 2019
- Please register (coming in Mar 2019) if you will be applying. Do this before April 5, 2019 so we know how many applicants there will be.
Note: You can still apply if you didn’t pre-register but if you must still complete full application! Pre register here
- WEA Scholarship 2019: information about the scholarship requirements and printable application form
- Deadline: Friday, April 26, 2019 for all materials to be received by John Horrigan. Please scan and email pdfs of all docs.
- Grants will be in the range of $200 – $300 each and will depend on total number of applicants as well as number of applicants from one family and grant amounts awarded in previous years.
- Scholarships will be awarded before end of school year in June
- Important: You will get a confirmation email from me as soon as I receive it so if you sent it and did not hear back, please check with me
There will be 20 – $300 scholarships offered for the 2019-2020 school year.
The scholarship is for undergraduate university or college children of members ONLY.
Depending on number of applicants, the grant may be reduced to less than $300 with a minimum of $200 per applicant.
The following criteria will be used in selecting the students to receive the scholarships:
- Applicant must be the child of a WEA member in good standing.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in or accepted to a full time program at a college/university or an accredited post-secondary institution. This program is for undergraduate students only.
- Applicant must attend school in the Fall of 2019.
- Applicant must have a firm commitment to further education and demonstrate a sense of direction.
- Applicant must have at least a 2.75 grade point average.
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need. If all other qualifications are equal, financial need will predominate.
- Prior WEA Scholarship recipients are eligible to apply but previous grant amounts may be taken into consideration when awarding scholarships.
Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of:
- Financial need
- School and community involvement
- Evidence of self-help
- Scholastic performance
- Satisfactory completion of application form