Cigna HD/HSA plan ends on Aug 31, 2018. We will be switching to the CT SPP 2.0 plan with Oxford as of Sept 1, 2018.
- To make a contribution from payroll to your HSA, please use this form:
- To send you can use interoffice mail and send to Eileen Ahern (203-341-1003) or
- using the Westport gmail only, email the signed form to: HSA@westport.k12.ct.us
- Forms must be received 12 days before the payroll date..that is the Friday one week before the normal delivery of the payroll voucher to your email.
i.e. Wed Dec 17th payroll, form must be in by Fri Dec 5th.
- this video is very good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQpyDw6kM_I (Preview)
- this FAQ is good too: http://www.connectyourcare.com/cyc2/faqs/faqs-hsa.html
How Much Should I Contribute to My HSA?
1. How flexible are you with your paycheck? How much extra money do you have for savings or disposable income?
b. I want to build my savings but right now it’s like the Great Wall of China, fifty bucks a paycheck might get me there in about 1,000 years.
c. I’m pretty flexible. A few hundred dollars a paycheck usually supports my local bar and I can still save some money.
d. I’m fortunate enough to spend money how I see fit. I wouldn’t sweat a few grand into something new.
e. I’m a CEO with nothing to-do but read online blogs.
2. How much in eligible medical expenses are you expecting this year?
b. Less than $1,000, Costco prescriptions = affordable.
c. $1,000 – $2,000, if that’s all it takes to be healthy it’s worth it.
d. $2,000 – $4,000, life’s short and expensive.
e. $4,000 – $6,000, might be skipping our European tour this year.
f. $6,000+, that whole ‘apple a day’ thing didn’t really work out.
g. I have no idea (budgeting? What’s that?).
3. What are your financial priorities?
b. My financial planning is done one year at a time.
c. I have a retirement goal that I’m on track to achieve.
d. I’m hoping to kick my feet up and drink a Mai Tai as soon as possible, that’s why I’m putting 50% of my pay in my 401(k).
This entry was posted in 401(k), Health Savings Accounts, HSA Contributions, Management Styles, Non-Planners, Pre-Tax Contributions, Reimbursement, Savers, Tax Savings, Taxes, Tips for Employees, Yearly Planners by Tango Health. Bookmark the permalink.